Better Youtube +
Better YouTube + works to improve the YouTube experience by providing quick access to features we'd all like to have from the get-go.
- It defaults playback to 1080p if able to.
- It allows quick thumbnail access of the video.
- It allows setting the loop mode easily.
- It allows setting the loop mode to a ranged set.
- It allows the video to be toggled to fixed or floating. (With drag functionality!)
- It allows volume control through the mouse-wheel when hovering over the player.
- It allows for quick access to the YouTube video slug.
- It allows for NonStop watch mode. (i.e, no "Are you still there?" dialog.)
- It shows volume level as you scroll.
- It lets Unix, Linux, and MacOS systems have the ability to download the video using native app calls.
- Added injection script to default to 1080p playback
On *Nix systems download youtube-dl and use provided app in this repo to download videos.
Mac OS/Linux Setup
To get downloading working do the following:
- Check that the file permissions for "youtube-dl-bridge.py" include the
- Edit the "path" property of "web_video_dl.json" to point to the location of "youtube-dl-bridge.py" on your computer.
- copy "web_video_dl.json" to the correct location on your computer. See App manifest location to find the correct location for your OS.
- Install the webextension and enjoy!